Birth and Death Certificates
- Certificates for births that occurred within the state of Louisiana. These records may not be available until a child reaches 4-5 months of age.
- Certificates for deaths that occurred within the state of Louisiana after July, 2012. These records are generally available 8 weeks after death.
If you need a certificate for a birth or death that occurred in another state, you must contact that state’s vital records office.
If you need information on registering a birth or changing incorrect information, please contact the State of Louisiana Department of Vital Records.
- Birth Certificates – $34
- Death Certificates – $26
WHO MAY ORDER A BIRTH CERTIFICATE:
- The person named on the document
- The current spouse of the person named on the document
- Mother or father of the person named on the document (Father must be listed on certificate in order to receive certificate)
- An adult child of the person named on the document
- Sister/brother of the person named on the document
- Grandmother or grandfather of the person named on the document
- Grandchild of the person named on the document
- Legal guardian of a minor child named on document (A Judgment of Custody must be presented. Custody by mandate or provisional custody from a notary, or transfer of custody witnessed by a notary will not be accepted.)
- An attorney representing one of the above with a signed contract of representation or authorization.
Persons who apply for a certified copy of a birth or death certificate must produce identification in the form of one primary document or two secondary documents.
A. Primary Documents
- Current state issued driver’s license that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current state issued picture identification that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current U.S. military identification card that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current U.S. issued or Foreign issued Passport
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-578)
- Students (high school or younger) – a current school yearbook or a current school identification document with a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
B. Secondary Documents
- Current student picture identification card from a college or university when accompanied by a 100% fee paid receipt for the current semester. (COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- A W-2 form issued within the last two years plus an original signed Social Security Card. The Social Security numbers must match. (COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- Original adoption papers
- Official certified deeds or title to property
- Certificate of vehicle title
- Insurance policy must show name of the applicant (Health, Home, Life, and Auto).
- Payroll stub (cannot be handwritten) showing the name and social security number of the applicant.
- Current U.S. military dependent identification card that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Original DD-214 Military Discharge document which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Voter’s Registration application (certified true copy)
**IMPORTANT: IN CASES WHERE APPLICANTS PROVIDE OR ATTEST TO FALSE INFORMATION, THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SIGNS THE APPLICATION IS THE INDIVIDUAL PROSECUTED.
WAIT TIME FOR OBTAINING A CERTIFICATE:
Most certificates are available within 15 minutes, however, if you were born before 1986 there could be an extended wait time of up to 3 hours.
To order using the VitalChek Network, visit their website or call 1-877-605-8562.
Webster Parish Clerk of Court
P.O. Box 370
410 Main Street
Minden, La. 71055
Normal Operating Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Marriage & Birth Records Department:
Child Support Department: